Issa da Silva
Adam is an Instructor at Evolve Mixed Martial Arts in Singapore. Adam started training in Judo and Taekwondo as a child, but found BJJ when he was 18. He fell in love with it and moved to Brazil to train. Adam is also a two-time World Champion in Muay Thai, winning the WPMF Muay Thai World Championship twice. He is a true martial artist, studying multiple martial arts, including Silat, Kali, Aikido, and Judo. Adam established himself as an early pioneer of MMA and BJJ in Asia, and has fought in ONE Championship with his deep knowledge of different martial disciplines.
Adam has a black belt in BJJ under Master Ricardo Liborio. He is originally from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Quick facts on Adam Shahir Kayoom
- 2x WPMF Muay Thai World Champion
- Holds black belts in Tae Kwon Do, Shorinji Ryu Karate Do, and BJJ
- First Malaysian to be conferred a black belt in BJJ
- Trained in multiple martial arts, including Silat, Kali, Muay Thai, and Judo
- Pioneer of MMA and BJJ in Asia