Almiro Barros is an Instructor at Evolve Mixed Martial Arts in Singapore. He is a Mundials World Championship Silver Medalist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with over 20 years of experience. He is the winner of numerous regional and national competitions in Brazil. Almiro’s favorite techniques are the armbar and the choke.
Almiro holds a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
165 cm / 64 kilos
1 - 1
- Mundials World Championship Silver Medalist
- Winner of numerous regional and national competitions in Brazil
- Favorite techniques: the armbar and the choke
Almiro Barros's Videos
Quick facts on Almiro Barros
- Prof. Almiro started BJJ in August 1999 after watching Royce Gracie choke out his opponent in the first UFC.
- Prof. Almiro was always the smallest and skinniest amongst his peers, and he used his BJJ for self-defense.
- To compensate for his small size, Prof. Almiro developed a highly technical BJJ game.
- In his first big competition Prof. Almiro was placed in a division above his current belt level, but he still won.
- Prof. Almiro’s Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu inspirations include Marcelo Garcia and Rubens “Cobrinha” Charles.
- Prof. Leandro “Brodinho” Issa and Prof. Almiro have been friends since they were teenagers.